I love writing these posts. It’s easy to get caught up thinking about all of the crappy things that happen (like this weather), but we don’t spend enough time thinking about all of the little things that make life good.
1. Jess and I went thrift store shopping yesterday on our day off. We went out to Ardmore, but our favorite place was the Wardrobe Boutique at 19th and Spring Garden. I got an awesome green pea coat from Macy’s for less than $20. Win! I almost didn’t try it on, because it said Size 12 – which I definitely am not. However, this coat fits me – so maybe it was mislabeled or something.
2. There was a Yelp event at Smashburger in Radnor last night. We basically got to try a “tasting menu” for free. We got a quarter piece of 7 different burgers, fries, sweet potato fries, fried pickles, veggies, and a little mini milkshake. Not healthy at all, but really delicious. I had a kale salad for lunch (I’ll take a picture tomorrow) and pumpkin greek yogurt for breakfast, so it all balances out.
3. This whole “eating normally” thing is A LOT less stressful. And believe it or not, once I decided I didn’t need to lose “5 more pounds,” I think I look good in what I’m wearing the vast majority of the time.
4. I am so happy that I have been going back to yoga. My body is a lot happier too. Taking some time off was really good for me. I took a whole week off with the exception of yoga. I did go back to Sgt Nate a couple of times last week, which was exciting – but it did make my knee hurt some. I was super duper sore the following two days also. Anyway, yoga makes life good.
5. I’m going to cheer on some friends running the Philly Half Marathon this week. Trying to come up with a good sign. For Broad St, our sign said “If Broad St were easy, it would be called Your Mom.” Any good suggestions?
6. My students regularly give me little drawings and things they colored. Most of them (but not all) end up getting thrown away the next time I clean my desk, but they always make me smile.
Why is your life good this week?