So, not all of these things may have happened *this* week, but I make the rules around here.
1. Due to a Nor’easter and President’s Day, I have a 5 day weekend. Yes, we have to make up the snow days , which stinks, but I have no control over the weather or SDP decisions, so I might as well enjoy the days. I slept in and hung out with friends yesterday for most of the day yesterday, which started with breakfast tacos and ended with 25 cent pierogies from Tattoed Moms. They made me insanely happy. Jess spent the night Wednesday and Thursday nights, which also made me very happy! I feel like I haven’t seen much of her lately. Today, I was up early and went to Rock Steady at Lithe – which *totally* kicked my butt in the best of ways.
2. I made a pretty awesome kale caesar salad this week, which I finished for lunch today. I used dressing from Whole Foods that I found in the produce department called Zesty Tahini Dressing. It was very similar to the dressing that the recipe calls for, and it was easier than making it. Plus, I couldn’t find tahini. I might make this salad again next week, I loved it so much. The blue bowl did not make for a particularly fabulous picture, but that’s okay.
3. Olympics. I freakin’ love the Olympics.
4. My favorite Pop Up Beer Garden is back for this weekend only. I’m going to check it out tomorrow or Sunday! I hope the heaters are ginormous.
5. A few weeks ago, my magnificent friend Megan asked me to be her bridesmaid! They are getting married next year at Reading Terminal Market. Can’t wait!
My mini-goals for next week: 1.) go to yoga. I haven’t gone in a few weeks, and I can totally tell. 2.) Stop eating total garbage on the weekend.
What are your reasons why life is good this week?