Another edition of why life is pretty lovely, even if it sometimes seems otherwise.
1. Last weekend, I had the pleasure of going to Bloomsburg, PA with some friends in celebration of my friend Alex’s birthday. We did some awesome activities, including a 4 hour hike and picnic lunch at Rickett’s Glen, meteor watching, and roller coaster riding at Knoebel’s Grove Amusement Park (perhaps the best place ever). It was an awesome weekend and really nice to get out of the city and relax.
2. I *finally* got to the go to the pool again at North Shore yesterday. I haven’t gone much this year, because I was away much of July, and then I was busy and working a lot, and then – well, the weather hasn’t been particularly hot lately. Yesterday was beautiful, and I got to spend a few glorious hours there.
3. I joined an ultimate frisbee team last June (which deserves it’s own post). We were *pretty* terrible least season, finally winning a game at the very end of the season. We played our hearts out on Wednesday, and won 8-7 in sudden death. It was a lot of fun. I’m proud to say that we are now 2-0.
4. I am doing some more celebrating this weekend! August is a busy month. My lovely friends Elisa, Christine, and Jaime are having small birthday gatherings. My fabulous friend Janice is having a wedding shower/celebration – which, I must add, includes me getting a massage – and I’m PRETTY pumped.
5. I had some good runs this week! I finally broke my pace slump and did a 4.4 mile run across the Ben Franklin Bridge (read: up hill both ways) in about a 10:15 pace! I was super proud of that, but super dead after. The run was one I organized through Run Like a Philly Girl. We ate burritos after. Burritos = happiness. Then, I ran with Matt and my sister, Jess, on Wednesday morning when we did an easy 3. Running 6 on Sunday!
6. Last night, I went out to the Race Street Pier for Live and Local Thursday. It’s an awesome little park, and they had local bands performing! There was free PBC beer, but the line was crazy. It was a beautiful night, and a beautiful location for some live tunes!
7. I finally found whole wheat tortillas that don’t have a lot of chemicals and things-I-can’t-pronounce in them, and I am *so* excited. (See above, #5). They are sold at Whole Foods, come 4 to a pack, cost $2.49 per pack, and are 220 calories each.
Sound off! What is one reason why you think life is good this week?